As per 10th Tamilnadu Samacheer Kalvi English Paper II Public|Annual Exam Question Paper Blue Print, English Paper II is divided in to below 4 sections..
1. Section - A (Non-detailed -35 marks)
2. Section - B (Language Functions - 15marks)
3. Section - C (Communicative Skills - 15 marks)
4. Section - D (Expansion of ideas - 35 marks)
10th Samacheer Kalvi English Paper II, Section – B is further split into below 2 parts.
a. 5+5 marks for Make notes of the following passage and prepare a summary using the notes.
5 marks for Complete the following dialogue appropriately.
Below are the Exam Tips that students can follow to score full 15 marks in Section – B(Language Functions).
How to prepare a note:
- Exam Tips
1. Read the given passage.
2. Understand the content.
3. Note down the important points.
4. Choose a title.
5. Avoid complete sentences.
6. Use abbreviations if necessary.
Check whether your note contains all the points in the passage.
How to prepare a summary using the notes:- Exam Tips
1. Use the note making to write the summary.
2. Identify the important points.
3. Write the rough draft.
4. Avoid the exact sentences from the passage.
5. The number of words can be five words more or less than the exact one.
6. Write the fair draft with a title.
7. Cancel the rough draft.
8. Write the number of words (in the original passage, in the fair draft).
10th Samacheer Kalvi English Paper II, Section – C is further split into below 3 parts.
a. 5 marks for dialogue writing.
5 marks for
c. 5 marks for Prepare an advertisement.
Below are the Exam Tips that students can follow to score full 15 marks in Section C (Communicative Skills)
Letter writing -
Write the content of the letter in 3 paragraphs.
Paragraph 1 - Introduction
Paragraph 2 - Message request / remainder
Paragraph 3 - Conclusion
c. Prepare an advertisement -Exam Tips
Tip 1. Brief and attractive words, rhyming words are used.
Tip 2. Write all the information inside a square drawn on the answer paper.
4. Section - D (Expansion of ideas – 35 marks)
10th Samacheer Kalvi English Paper II, Section – D is further split into below 7 parts.
a. 5 marks for Expand the following headlines.
5 marks for
Study the pie-chart and answer the questions.
c. 5 marks for
paragraph writing using outlines in about 100 words.
d. 5 marks for products and slogans matching.
e. 5 marks for
Observe the map given and write the instruction.
f. 5 marks for
Read the poem and complete its paraphrase with suitable phrases in the given blanks.
g. 5 marks for Translation OR picture observation and express your views.
Below are the Exam Tips that students can follow to score full 35 marks in Section D (Expansion of ideas)
Study the pie-chart and answer the questions – Exam Tips
Tip 1. Read the details given carefully and understand the meaning.
Tip 2. Answer the questions which are given in multiple choice formats.
c. Develop the hints and write a paragraph in about 100 words – Exam Tips
1. Read the hints.
Tip 2. Understand the concepts.
Tip 3. Write a single paragraph.
Tip 4. Do not deviate from the topic, write with continuity.
Tip 5. End up with a suggestion view point.
e. Observe the map given and write the instruction – Exam Tips
1. Choose the shortest route.
2. Use imperative sentences.
3. Note down the landmarks (temple, hospital etc.).
4. Turn left, walk down, turn right, go straight – words are to be used.
f. Read the poem given below and complete its paraphrase with suitable phrases in the given blanks- Exam Tips
Tip 1. Don’t reproduce the poem and paraphrase in your answer scripts.
Tip 2. Simply put the question number and write down the answers.
g.Translation – Exam Tips
1. Understand the picture.
Tip 2. Identify the theme.
Tip 3. Bring out the causes.
Tip 4. Suggest a remedy.
Tip 5. Write 5 sentences explaining the picture.
Tip 6. Give a title.
Finally, All the very best for your Exams!!!!!!